8 Alerts You Should Activate In Your School ERP Immediately
If your school management system supports alerts, then you have the capability to send notifications to students, teachers and parents about important events, transactions, emergency situations etc. It's a really powerful tool to send information about anything recent and that is important as well. This will encourage good communication between parents, teachers, school administrators and students. If you're not using it already, here are a few tips to get started with it.
1. Payment due date alertThis alert is to inform parents about their child’s fee payment date. Send this a few days in advance so that parents have sufficient time to make the payment on time. Setting this alert will significantly improve your school’s finances as well.
2. Exam and results alertNo more remembering of dates and no need to check the website more often. All the exam alerts about the availability of the admit card and the declaration of the result should be made available on parents’ mobile phone. To make use of this feature, contact your school ERP provider and get it activated today.
3. Meetings alertParents often fail to remember School PTA meetings, which are held regularly in every academic year. A proper parent-teacher interaction should be maintained for better behavioural and help in academic improvement of student. Setting PTA meeting alerts will help parents know about the dates in advance and they do not miss the meetings.
4. Absent detailsMost drop-out case in school arises due to the tripling of absent record in an academic year. Taking leaves without any proper validation leads to lack of interest in academics and low achievement results. Absent alert notify parents with a SMS or call about absence of their child so they can confirm occurred absence is with their knowledge.
5. Announcements and emergency alertsImportant announcement alert in school management system is really a great advantage for a school because it saves time and reduces manual work. The dates of various events differ every year so it is not possible to set this alert well in advance like the other alerts. Emergency closure of schools or colleges in cases like fire, earthquakes etc should also notified to parents because by doing so they are aware that the institution has taken necessary steps towards the situation and can ensure their children are safe.
6. Birthday alertsIf your school management software includes a student portal, he/she should be able to see greetings on his/her birthday. However, the details available in the student information should be correct and up to date before setting this alert.
7. Library book alertsAlways late returning books? Enable book return alert for your student’s library account to help you avoid fines and get your materials on time.
8. SMS invoicingSMS invoice is a payment notification sent via SMS to a parent. Your school accounts department can specify the amount of payment, the name and mobile number of parent, description and transaction id for your reference. The parent receives a SMS with the above details through the payment app where he/she can click to make the payment.
To know more about the different types of alert and how to implement them, contact us. We are glad to help!
Help me set the alerts